View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
minor bug report - html conversion

more of a weakness than a bug really:

I started reading Mississippi Blues - (nanoquartet vol 2) which I'd converted from a found html version.

from chapter 2 onwards everything went into CAPITALS, centre justified. AND STAYED THAT WAY UNTIL END OF BOOK - you can see how annoying that would be

So I opened the source in both IE8 and chrome & saw the same thing. in IE8 it was actually RED capitals as red was being used for headers, so clearly there was a missing bit of html code.

tried to edit the source file in word 97 but word refused to open it - said there was a problem with mismatched tags.

so as last resport I ran the source through auto kindle. that converted it OK and got rid of the all caps problem.

if anyone wishes to delve into why auto kindle outperformed calibre in this instance I'd be happy to pass on the source file. I told that I can't post it here because of copyright.

I'm trying to get IE8 to show me the source html but as it's book length it's been contemplating the request for 20 mins now with no signs of completion. If I can extract the buit where it goes pear shaped I'll post it for info.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote