View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #7
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Wow do you really buy all those authors at premium first release prices? I've read some of them but normally wait until the price drops to mass market prices.

I was thinking more of the authors that jump immediately to the top of your reading list although probably already have 50 on the list. I've never had more then 10.
I buy the first edition of pretty much all of these, or sometimes the e-arcs in the Baen's authors case, or even arcs on Ebay if they are not outrageously priced. If I want to read a book, I either buy it in first edition or get it from the library.

I hate mmpb and I use them just for portability for some authors that have huge hc (Peter Hamilton comes to mind - I have most of his books as hc, mmpb and some even bought as e-books too)

I also buy the UK (or Canadian for that matter) first edition if it appears first even if the US appears only a month or two later (bookdepository.co.uk has excellent prices and free and fast - 5 working days from order to my door - shipping)
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote