View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Not that my list would necessarily be your list, but in no particular order:

Garth Nix
Tamora Pierce
Steven Brust
Charles de Lint
Shannon Hale
Robin McKinley
Diana Wynne Jones
Barbara Hambly
Spider Robinson
Patricia A. McKillip
Sherri Tepper
Iain M. Banks
P.C. Hodgell
Jonathan Stroud
Kim Stanley Robinson
R.A. MacAvoy
Gillian Bradshaw
Tanya Huff
Carole Nelson Douglas
Orson Scott Card (but not quite an automatic purchase anymore)

Anne McCaffrey and Mercedes Lackey used to be on the list, but not anymore due to quality problems. Same with Marion Zimmer Bradley. Heinlein used to top the list, but of course there are very few new Heinlein books these days. I used to read a lot of Katherine Kurtz, but she got depressing, so I stopped. I hear her later books are less depressing, so I might try some. I usually check to see what William Gibson and Neal Stephenson have been up to, though I don't buy everything they write. I'm just starting to get into John Barnes and Tanith Lee. I should probably add Neil Gaiman to the list. Terry Pratchett gets inspection when new books come out, but I don't like all the Discworld books, so I tend to buy the ones with the witches in them.

Happy reading!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote