View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Perhaps Amazon should be a bit more discerning in what companies they allow to utilize their on-line store as third party sellers. A $20 shipping and handling charge for a $4 ear bud order certainly sounds unreasonable to me. Yes, perhaps the OP should have caught that during the order process, but it still seems to be a valid complaint that Amazon is allowing this on their site. I mean if a guest in my house starts running a scam on my neighbors, he's not going to be a guest for long. I'll let others argue over whether or not the annoyance is being misdirected. The fact that it is being discussed shows that Amazon's reputation could be hurt by the actions of disreputable sellers. That's what they need to avoid.
Jinlo, you are correct, I really should have been more vigilant.

I got an email from Amazon saying they notified the third-party seller of my dissatisfaction, but the terms of the sale are between me and that third party seller.
When buying from a third-party seller, your order is fulfilled directly by the seller. Amazon Merchants set their own shipping terms, and in general, their shipping charges reflect the costs for packaging each order and shipping costs.
I then got an email from the third part seller:
Dear buyer,

Please refuse the delivery, we are going to issue you full refund . Thanks, once you refuse it, let us know. FUll refund will be issued to you. Sorry, shipping cost is agreed before you purchase it, plus, the shipping cost is set by AMazon, not us
So I replied to Amazon and the reseller:
Someone is lying to me.

I complained about an order for 4 earbud covers costing $0.99 each resulting in charging me $19.96 for shipping.

The response email from Amazon says:
When buying from a third-party seller, your order is fulfilled directly by the seller. Amazon Merchants set their own shipping terms, and in general, their shipping charges reflect the costs for packaging each order and shipping costs.

Then I get a response email from this reseller stating:
Dear buyer, Please refuse the delivery, we are going to issue you full refund . Thanks, once you refuse it, let us know. FUll refund will be issued to you. Sorry, shipping cost is agreed before you purchase it, plus, the shipping cost is set by AMazon, not us

So who's idea was it to gouge me $20 shipping for a one ounce package worth $3.96? Amazon says 24HourDispatch sets the shipping cost and 24HourDispatch says Amazon sets the shipping costs. Finger pointing isn't giving me a warm fuzzy about the safety of making purchases through Amazon and its sellers.
This isn't near as bad as some of the other merchant issues I've seen discussed here and elsewhere and I hate mewling over twenty bucks. Despite this minor aggravation I'll still have a Merry Christmas, but it will make me leary of using Amazon in the future. I won't say I won't use them, but I know I'll look other places first now. I'm embarrassed I let this happen to me and my typical reaction is to avoid the opportunity to let it happen again. Live and learn, caveat emptor, and avoid the rapid checkout!

Last edited by pking36330; 12-18-2009 at 10:23 AM.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote