View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Living on the beautiful Sandwich Isle, I am overly sensitive to shipping costs. I ALWAYS check the shipping cost before hitting the confirm button. And if the site doesn't calculate shipping before making me confirm the sale, I don't shop there.

My experience with Amazon is that whenever I'm buying directly form them, shipping is always fair and reasonable, and if for some reason they have to split the order the second package ships for free.

If, on the other hand the item is from a secondary vendor, all bets are off. I too have experienced someone wanting to sell me a two bit item and charge twenty bucks for shipping.

I have actually had vendors call me and say they had to charge more for shipping to Hawaii, and would I still like the item. My response is always "The post office charges the same to ship to Hawaii as any other state, send it USPS!" If they are unwilling to do that, I usually cancel.

BLUF: ALWAYS check shipping costs (and tax) before confirming a sale.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote