View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #17
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I'm assuming that if the DRM is cracked, someone will also offer a format-shifting program as well. Given that Calibre reads the .lrf file format well enough to display it, I'd think it wouldn't be a *big* stretch to deconstruct it
I think it's harder than you think. There are already format shifting programs that exist. Calibre has some and then there is also LRFTools. But these don't do a very good job shifting the format.

I don't know maybe your right, it's been a while since I looked at lrf2lrs so maybe taking lrs to html is not so difficult.

I guess the real point I'm questioning is there is already a demand for LRF to html/MOBI/ePUB, there are many LRF exclusive formats here on MobileRead. Yet there are no good tools to shift the format. LRFTools does a decent job but it loses much of the formatting in the process

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote