View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Eliot, George: Complete Works | v.1.6 | Update 30 Oct 2016

This volume collects the complete writings of George Eliot (1819–1880, wikipedia):

• • • • • • • • • •

Click image for larger version

Name:	eliot.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	107306

Scenes of Clerical Life. (1858): The Sad Fortunes of the Rev. Amos Barton, Mr. Gilfil’s Love Story, Janet’s Repentance.

Adam Bede. (1859)

The Lifted Veil. (1859)

The Mill on the Floss. (1860)

Silas Marner, the Weaver of Raveloe. (1861)

Romola. (1863)

Brother Jacob. (1864)

Felix Holt, the Radical. (1866)

The Spanish Gypsy. (1868)

Middlemarch. (1871/72)

The Legend of Jubal, and Other Poems. (1874): The Legend of Jubal, Agatha, Armgart, How Lisa Loved the King, A Minor Prophet, Brother and Sister, Stradivarius, A College Breakfast-Party, Two Lovers, Self and Life, “Sweet Endings Come and Go, Love,” The Death of Moses, Arion, “O May I Join the Choir Invisible.”

Daniel Deronda. (1876)

Impressions of Theophrastus Such. (1879)

The Essays: From the Note-Book of an Eccentric, How to Avoid Disappointment, The Wisdom of the Child, A Little Fable with a Great Moral, Hints on Snubbing, Carlyle’s Life of Sterling, Margaret Fuller, Woman in France: Madame de Sablé, Three Months in Weimar, Evangelical Teaching: Dr. Cumming, German Wit: Henry Heine, The Natural History of German Life, Silly Novels by Lady Novelists, George Forster, Worldliness and Other-Worldliness: The Poet Young, The Influence of Rationalism, The Grammar of Ornament, Address to Working Men, by Felix Holt, Leaves from a Note-Book.

Miscellaneous Poems: On Being Called a Saint, Farewell, Sonnet, Question and Answer, “’Mid my Gold-Brown Curls,” “’Mid the Rich Store,” “As Tu Va la Lune se Lever,” In A London Drawing Room, Arms! To Arms!, Ex Oriente Lux, In the South, Will Ladislaw’s Song, Erinna, I Grant you Ample Leave, Mordecai’s Hebrew Verses, Count that Day Lost.

• • • • • • • • • •

The texts are sourced from Gutenberg, mostly, but I have scanned and corrected 9 additional essays and a bunch of missing poems.

The formatting, italics, and diacritics have been checked and corrected by comparing the texts with the paper editions. Quotes are curly, footnotes are active, and fonts are embedded. Each of the contained books comes with an individual cover.

The collection is sorted chronologically by book (or magazine) publication. There are the usual inline tables of contents and links after each text/chapter to get back to the respective tables. The dates of first publication are noted whenever available.

I couldn’t find a reliable bibliography for George Eliot, and none of the print editions of her Complete Works that can be found online are really complete. Some essays or poems that are attributed to her at times are discarded by other editors. So, while I’m quite confident now about the poetry section being complete, I might (have to) revise the selection of essays.

Best regards,
pynch.

Update | v.1.1 | 4 October 2013
I have finished reading Middlemarch and fixed about 30 minor mistakes.

Update | v.1.2 | 9 November 2014
I have proofed Middlemarch against the first British edition and corrected about 1900 mistakes and variants.

Update | v.1.3 | 18 January 2015
I have proofed Scenes of Clerical Life and Silas Marner against the first British editions, “The Lifted Veil” and “Brother Jacob” against the first magazine publications, and corrected about 2000 mistakes and variants.

Update | v.1.4 | 17 January 2016
I have proofed The Mill on the Floss against the first British edition and corrected about 1300 mistakes and variants.

Update | v.1.5 | 23 October 2016
I have proofed Adam Bede and Impressions of Theophrastus Such against the first British editions and corrected about 800 mistakes and variants.

Update | v.1.6 | 30 October 2016
I have proofed Felix Holt, the Radical and Daniel Deronda against the first British editions and corrected thousands of mistakes and variants.

Previous download count: 1359.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Eliot - Works v.1.6.epub (5.45 MB, 1127 views)

Last edited by pynch; 10-30-2016 at 05:49 AM.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote