Thread: Iriver Story
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 02:42 AM   #155
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
I suspect the old Story is no longer worked on.
Now that the Cover Story is out, and the original hardware of the Story itself has been made obsolete by a newer model, I expect you're right.

iRiver as a company has a habit of changing its product line often (I've discovered since buying both a Story and a B30 mp3 player from iRiver), and simply abandoning owners of previous models with no further updates or patches of existing firmware. It's recently started a new partnership with LG, and is reportedly developing a whole new line of both ereaders and mp3 players, so I anticipate none of the current models of the Story will get any further development.

When my Story dies (which I expect will be relatively soon, even though it's only about six months old, as the battery life has just begun to get noticeably shorter on a weekly basis), I'm planning to look to a different brand for its replacement.

Last edited by MacEachaidh; 11-02-2010 at 02:45 AM.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote