View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #9
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fapsi View Post
Hello,

it's some time later and I am not sure if somebody else already mentioned it before, but I found some other method to change the visibility of the toolbar.

Code:
KindletBooklet booklet = KindletBooklet.getInstance();
BookletContext context = booklet.getBookletContext();
BookletContextExtension contextext = (BookletContextExtension) context;
JFrame frame = contextext.Em();
KindleFrameFactory.setPersistentChromeMode(frame,KindleFrameFactory.PersistentChromeMode.NO_HEADER);
Other Possible values for setPersistentChromeMode are:
Code:
KindleFrameFactory.setPersistentChromeMode(frame,KindleFrameFactory.PersistentChromeMode.TITLE_AND_SEARCH)
KindleFrameFactory.setPersistentChromeMode(frame,KindleFrameFactory.PersistentChromeMode.TITLE_ONLY)
Note: Tried this code on my new Paperwhite 2 with Kindlet 2.2 version, but it mainly uses the standart jars : kaf.jar,kafui.jar, so it could work on other devices.

@ixtab: You may use this method also to modify the searchbar in the current version of your collection manager, since it receives the BookletContext.

Spoiler:

Since this is my first post, some off topic:
@all: Many thanks for sharing so many things
That's awesome, thanks a lot for finding and posting this! And welcome to MR!

(I probably won't include this in CM, because CM has to work on a lot of firmwares, and should look more or less the same on all of them. But I'll take a look at it -- and thanks again for the insight and for the hack )
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote