View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #26
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanWatson View Post
This is a non-story with a misleading link. The user had defective HW and/or SW that caused him to lose data. That is everywhere there are computers.

There is no B&N deleting your ebooks story here (unlike Amazon). This is a simple crash and the user recovered his books. No lose.

I'm not sure that I understand your problem. I clearly identified that it was not, particularly, a nook problem. If you didn't read the first post perhaps this will make it clearer to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
Attention nook owners, and others. Ereaders, like computers, need back-ups.

Yet Another Reminder That You Don't Own Your Ebooks: B&N Nook Deletes Files, Blames User

This is not another story like the one where Amazon deleted 1984 from the kindle. This is about treating ereaders as paper books where the info in them will not disappear.
The guy is blaming B&N. And while there's a little validity to his rant, it's like crying "I didn't know that I had to back up my computer".Removing DRM would be the first step. Copying the files off your computer would be the next step. After all, you have to protect against loosing your data and your reader.
That “news” article came up on a Google search the day that I posted the link. There was no intention of besmirching the nook.

The link itself is patently by an airhead. I'll sometimes post an article and point out how stupid it is. Sometimes I'll post an article and let others point out how stupid it is. Sometimes I should use very simple language and not assume to much.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote