View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:31 AM   #18
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Note to self: Never buy a Nook, never use B&N.

First things first; yes, backup is mandatory - I know that and do that!

Anyway, the person did not back up his files (his fault), got an update/auto-reset of his device without warning, and when complaining to B&N, he was told he was stupid by CS, since he had not backed up.
Well - my parents, well up in the 60'ies does not know how to back up and/or update their devices. I do it for them, and see to that nothing is lost in the process. Does that make my parents stupid? No, I didn't think so. Not everybody knows/remembers to back up unless told/informed/warned.

So, if this one-side of the story is correct, then I 100% agree with the unfortunate customer; B&N are the screw-ups here. If they knew (as they apparently did) that a certain percentage of their devices was defective, they should are obliged to replace the device *and* inform about a mandatory backup.

And lastly, a (humorous) sidenote/saying translated from Norwegian:
Brave men don't do backup!
Noone weeps as much as brave men.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote