View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
re: EB-1150 upgrade?

As a new owner of a EB-1150 I am very pleased with it. It is my first ebook reader and it was easy to learn (love the LCD touchscreen) and have successfully downloaded books from many different sites with the use of the librarian software. I wasn't surprised about how good it is because I researched out very carefully what to buy (thanks to Brad and Dale Die's postings and websites) and for the money it cannot be beat. I join with you in hoping the ETI will see the value of this device.

I have only a couple of comments regarding your list Dale Die (keep leading the charge!):

Hardware #2: I second, third, and fourth your idea about the replacable batteries (and keeping them lightweight)

Firmware #10: I found this comment about the "lost space" at the top of the screen interesting. Some of the ebooks I get from other sites (non-ebookwise) that I have dowloaded in Rocketbook format do actually fill that space with the title of the book and the Author.

The one thing I found frustrating (and maybe this is possible and I simply haven't figured out how to do it yet) is that we can download into the device, but not upload out of it. (for instance if I accidently erased the copy on my pc hard drive, it would be nice to upload the books on the reader to restore that copy so I can keep the memory of the device somewaht clean. This is a hypothetical).

That's all folks!
spear is offline   Reply With Quote