View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #551
Bian
Bian began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
SIMPLY USE SKYPE TO SHARE THE SCREEN!

I don't know if anybody has mentioned it, I haven't read everything, but I have seen people struggling to use their Boox as a second monitor. I've tried this with my Boox Note, it's quite simple.
- Install Rotation Control from the Play Store, and rotate Boox to landscape mode.
- Install Skype both in your computer and Android e-reader. Login with two different accounts in each.
- Video call the device and share the screen of your computer. As simples as that. I use this in my Mac, but I guess this Skype feature is also present in Windows and Linux.

Tips: use Boox in A2 mode, double tap Skype for full screen, change the resolution in your computer display to make things bigger.

Drawback: there is some lag with the touchpad/mouse, about one second. But I've also tried USB transmission with Splashtop wired xdisplay (it says free, but it's free for just a 10 min trial), and the lagging is the same even with the cable (does anybody know any option without this lagging?). Splashtop costs 8 euros, the advantage is that you can control your computer by touching the screen of the device.

In spite of the touchpad lag, it can still be very convenient in case you need to do a lot of reading or writing. In my case, working as a translator, staring at a screen for many hours... this can be a relief for my eyes.

Last edited by Bian; 07-13-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Bian is offline   Reply With Quote