View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
And now you'll pay $6.99, provided you're willing to wait for the paperback release. This still seems like a pretty reasonable price to me. It's less than most of the ebooks I buy elsewhere.
It is less than the typical BPH release, it is still less than current paperbacks, and it is about 3 cents lower than the average of all Kindle book sales, if I recall correctly.
The pricing is going up from "decent" to "average".
And they explicitly stated the authors are getting a 25% boost to their royalty. This isn't Amazon and Baen conspiring to squeeze readers but rather Baen moving to mainstream distribution and pricing and higher royalties to *keep* their authors from going self-pub.

We all talk about the self-publishing options for established authors and how the publishers need to adapt to ebook disruption; well, this is Baen adapting.

Disruption impacts everybody, good guys along with the...rest.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote