View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by prsita View Post
In the Bloomberg article they talked about a 300 dollars device. J don't think they will sell much if they propose at this price a simple reader with a screen of 6, even if they put in it the wifi and even with the quality of Sony.

But for you the rules of the market seem not much important.
The $300 price relates to the 7-inch 950. I don't know how many they produced but whatever the quantity, they must have sold them out in the 8 months since they were introduced as they are nearly impossible to find. I bought one -- thereby ignoring the rules of the market -- and think I have the best ebook reader available. I can't think of one thing Sony did wrong with the 950.

Would I have liked to pay less for the 950? Sure. I'm always in favor in paying less. But I didn't hesitate to pay the $300 for the 950 because I think the 950 is worth double the Kindle and the Nook on build quality alone.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote