View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 01:19 PM   #30
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
[I]Nope, they're not the same issue. Chaley was talking about how file providers are left into the void in 7.1, so CC, as any other program, is not able to pass a File in a intent. That's not enforced on some vendors and still works for me on 8.1 in a Huawei tablet. [/I..

yes I did some testing on my Huawei running android 8, or 9, and proved to my own satisafaction that CC does not pass a copy of the book to a reader, it tells the reader where to look to open it. I could not find any scenario that led to having the book in 2 locations.

The issue that I'm talking about is related with how CC, and any other program, sees the "shared storage" when building against API29+. It does need serious rework to be done.

ok - good to know. Well bad to know actually given my concerns below...

I share with you the worry about the future of CC but bashing the people in charge won't help in any way.
true, except it makes me feel better to rant a bit
..and its really frustrating not to be able to log in to dropbox( with a non gmail address) on my two most recent tablet purchases. I am having to use calibre box and direct moon reader access as workarounds - both of those can log in with no issues
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote