View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 04:19 PM   #36
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I edited a whole bunch of scans of books. Find the common words that are in error. There is no easier way, IMHO. Type in "will" and change and FIND NEXT to change the word to "with".

There really is no way to edit without actually reading. I did a whole series and found that there were consistent errors for me to check before I sat down to read. That really helped reduce the time.

What a pain to find something you bought with so many errors. If it was Kobo, they will refund your money. With Amazon, if you report the errors and wait a couple of months, chances are there will be a fix for it (you see it in your CONTENTS and DEVICES area. If after a couple of months it still isn't fixed, request a refund. This is what happened to me when they first issued the ecopy of Lord of the Rings. There were so many errors, I just couldn't stand it any more and returned it. Now, at this point, I can't easily read it anyway, so get my fix with the audiobooks my bro bought.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote