View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 10:23 AM   #3736
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk Punch View Post
Have just bought a Kindle 5 Non Touch (s/w version 4.1.3). It's serial number starts 9023...
It only has one (unnamed) font and I would like to add more.

Has anyone else successfully applied the jailbreak and font hacks covered in this thread to a Kindle 5 running F/W 4.1.3?

If so which versions of the two hacks worked for you?

Also, after applying the hacks, where do the extra fonts show up? In Menu > Change font size? Or somewhere else?
First, a few very important points:
There is no such thing (known here) that is a "Kindle 5" that runs firmware series 4.

I was going to refer you to the serial number / model nickname table, but I see that someone mis-edited it two days ago.
So it is no longer valid for your device.
(Did you do the editing, thinking that our table was wrong? If you are the one that changed it, please revert your edits.)

Never mind, I found and reverted the edit.

The only device(s) that run series 4 firmware are the Black and the Silver K4 devices.
The only device(s) that are known as "non-touch" are the Black and the Silver K4 devices.
A 9023 is a K4Black (I can swear to that on a stack of K4Black devices).

In answer to your question, yes, approximately 2-1/2 million people.

Last edited by knc1; 03-29-2017 at 10:36 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote