View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 10:56 PM   #11
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Question, will these images install on the wrong device if user user loads wrong file, (potentially bricking it.), or are the Kindles still able to reject innapropriate images?
Yes, it will install and BRICK your kindle if it is a (serial number based) version mismatch. No the kindles do NOT reject these factory updates.

That is a side effect of how they work and what allows us to do this in the first place. You must take care -- others have bricked their kindles trying the wrong version, which is WHY it took so long for this to get released to the general public. My post started an avalanche of activity when I successfully used it on my PW2, quickly confirmed by other devs, and which resulted in this new way to jaibreak FINALLY being released. A ton of work UP FRONT, and a flurry of activity at the end. And our "Fourth of July" (American Independence Day) holiday weekend kept us going with a tight deadline. And here we are with a brand new easy-to-use set of tools.

Thanks everybody (especially knc1 and anybody else who put in the long hours up front), letting us enjoy these last few days getting this ready to release. This weekend was just the gravy on top of this "Amazon-Independence Day" holiday feast.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-04-2016 at 10:59 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote