View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I know I have and I plan to do it again at the next Washington, DC Area Meet-up (27 June 2009 in Alexandria, VA.)

So I ask you, "Have you ever met someone from MobileRead IRL?" Would you want to meet someone from MobileRead? Why?
I haven't, but it's an interesting question. Could it be like when a film made from a book you liked was disappointing - your own imagination is almost always better than any film maker could create.

For example, my imagination has provided the following pen-portraits of some of the people here:

DesertGrandMa - just the archetypal old (but not too old), white haired lady. Constantly baking an apple pie, always prepared to stop and play with the grandkids

Montsnmags - surfer dude, bermuda shorts, blond hair, uses MR between bouts of surfing and barbecuing

Zelda - big noise in Parisian literary circles. Mysteriously attractive. Has a large number of hopelessly devoted male admirers who all play second fiddle to Zelda's MR addiction

Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote