View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 07:26 AM   #5
Kryptozoon
Kryptozoon began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
i found some stuff under this link; Maybe could be of help.
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=76948761
Thanks for the link. I've checked out the discussion, but unfortunately it's all about finding various versions of the firmware. Nonetheless there are interesting links and ideas in there, such as:
  • someone managed to flash a v3ext with a suitably hacked v3+ firmware, which tells me that maybe, just maybe a very late v3 EABI SDK might work on the v3+. It'd probably lack the ability to control the famous 16 shades of grey of the v3+ but then so does - to some extent - the Java VM. It all depends what the hacking consisted of - if it meant replacing the display driver, then of course this alternative won't work.
  • there's a linked repository with lots of versions of the Tirwal and OpenInkpot firmwares. I wonder if I could flash one of those and develop for it instead of the original WolfLinux? Of course I know next to nothing about them, but I'm pretty good with C and Linux, so I'd probably would be able to cope. But since I can only find on the Internet indications that they "don't yet work" on v3+, maybe they really never did? OTOH if these firmwares don't have a v3+ version, then maybe there never was such a thing as a public v3+ SDK?
  • a combination of the above: perhaps I should try to flash a regular v3ext firmware and expect it to work? I'd lose whatever extra features the v3+ had, but I never found myself using any of those. Then I'd only need a late v3 SDK ...
Bottom line, I'm now extending my request to include an as-late-as-possible v3 SDK, because I only have the first/earliest version. Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
Kryptozoon is offline   Reply With Quote