View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 11:37 PM   #495
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by legitimateliv View Post
FWIW, I'm at Kindle for Mac 1.25.2 and the previous DRM removal tools work for me. I just need to set sudo chmod -x ......./renderer-test and the kindle for mac app downloads single-file azw instead of the azw.res or azw.md I see with chmod +x ..../renderer-test
That's really interesting. What macOS are you on? I am on 10.13 High Sierra.

I downloaded K4Mac 1.25.2 and downloaded a few ebooks. As expected, I got what I think was KFX — an azw file along with a voucher file, azw.res, azw.md, etc. Alf didn't like any of this.

I then ran chmod -x.

Re-downloading my ebooks actually gave me ... kcr files! (which Alf didn't like either). What's really interesting is that first the file had an azw extension, then a few seconds later the extension changed to kcr (I'm guessing an azw file was downloaded first, then a kcr file immediately after, then the azw was immediatley deleted). I tried to capture the azw file before it changed to kcr, but it happened too fast and I failed every time.

I am back to 1.23.1, getting azw3/KF8 as desired. But curious how you were able to get an azw3/KF8 file with 1.25.2 that worked with Alf.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote