View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 08:57 PM   #15
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post

I've long since given up trying to duplicate the printed version. It's just not possible or, IMO, desirable.
I entirely agree. But I have been the recipient of flak in the past for not duplicating the text even where the meaning of the English words has changed.

For example, in my opinion, the phrase 'some gay young men' in the 21st century means something quite different than when it was written in the 17th or18th centuries. Should I have left it as written by the 19th century author even though it was clearly not what she meant in her time?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote