View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
The only other way I can think of to keep a specific format regardless of screen size, AND still allow the rest of the book to reflow, is to use a high quality image of the poem and set the width of the image to a percentage. That technique certainly has its drawbacks - you'd need to be judicious in using it - no complex/long passages, etc.

I've long since given up trying to duplicate the printed version. It's just not possible or, IMO, desirable.

THIS!!! A thousand times, THIS!^^^^

Quote:
The best I can do with current CSS functions is specify where a line breaks and use hanging indents for any reflowed portions.

*shrug*

edit: Or you could set the epigraph/image on it's own page and use an SVG wrapper.
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote