View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I strongly suspect that Amazon would crack down on anyone who abused the policy. Returning excessive numbers of items is one of the ways that people get their Amazon accounts closed.
I don't know the answer to this, but I have often wondered if Amazon makes the decision to close an account for excessive returns not based on the number of returns but on the dollars involved in the return. IOW, returning a TV involves a significant amount of dollars and thus returning two TVs in a year might trigger a closure regardless of the reason for the return, whereas returning an ebook involves virtually no cost, even if 100 are returned within a month. I wouldn't be surprised to find that a person could return 50%of all ebooks purchased from Amazon and not have their account closed for excessive returns because of the insignificant hit to Amazon's bottom line.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote