View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
After having my Kindle 1 for 4 days, I am wishing I hadn't jumped the Sony ship...

The page turn buttons are awkward, I can't stand the previous page button being only on the left side. I flip to the next page, someone says something, then I forget what I'm reading and need to go back to the previous page, but its sooo annoying to hit the previous page on the Kindle!!! I had the hack for the PRS 505 and both sets of bottom buttons changed the page. It was so much nicer. And easier to hold with the page turn buttons at the bottom. I can't even hack the Kindle, which royally sucks too. With the 505 I could read easily with it in the case. The Kindle I feel is meant to be read without the case, and I don't like that.

The wireless features are kind of cool, but way way over-rated. I find myself not wanting to use them just to conserve battery. I may have a bad battery, but it lasts a long while if I don't turn on the wireless, as I suspect would be the case even if I had a good battery.

I just don't find myself using the dictionary, I don't find myself needing the keyboard, and the feature I got it for the most, the wireless, just isn't what I had thought. I may have made a major mistake. And the sad thing is, people on here told me not to do it.

The only thing I like that I would miss is the iphone sync. That is a good feature... but I just don't know if that alone is worth it or not.

I'm seriously considering putting this thing back on ebay, with the new battery I've bought that hasn't arrived yet and getting another PRS-505 or equivalent.... Why oh why did I bail on Sony... I just wasn't thinking properly.
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote