View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 07:29 AM   #10
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Robert Fabbri's Vespasian series is mostly available for £0.99 each in today's UK Kindle Daily Deal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BY4S836/

It looks interesting, and has good reviews on Amazon. Has anyone read these? Are they good? Are they historically accurate?

[EDIT: Having just checked the Amazon 1* reviews, I suspect that this series isn't for me.]
The blurbs remind me of the Italian writer (Manfredo? Manfredi? Massimo? Something like that - did a series on Alexander...) so I've avoided them. I read a few of those and they read like he was pitching a script, although that may have been translation. This brings to mind the reader of Glen Cook's military fantasy books (Dread Empire, Black Company) who said the reason he liked them was that the sentences were short.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote