View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Thumbs down Can't root/un-root/use SD Rescue/boot into Recovery Console

I have the feeling my Reader is totally bricked, so I opened a new threat because I need all the help I can get.
  1. I can't delete any books, I can't delete/format the READER partition or its files from within the Reader itself or Windows. I can't add new files. When I disconnect the Reader, all new files (books, mp3s etc.) are gone and replaced by old files.
  2. I can't root or un-root using porkupan's or rupor's root/rescue packages. The Reader seems to be unrooted at the moment.
  3. SD Rescue won't help. porkupan's SD Rescue package does something (flashing SD slot light) but no change after white bar and forced reset reboot. uboot's SD Rescue package as of now won't start.
  4. I can't boot into Recovery Mode. I press Home + Menu until the black bar reaches 100%. But then the bar turns white whether or not I release the buttons. After a while, it slowly fills again and when it reaches 100%, Sony Home Menu loads. Windows doesn't show any driver message.
  5. Forgot to mention: Factory Reset doesn't change anything. It pretends to do something, but when it's done and reboots, all settings, books etc. remain.

Do you think this Reader can be repaired?
Firmware 1.0.04.12210

Last edited by bookp; 06-01-2012 at 11:35 AM.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote