View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #128
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
First, check out this thread[snip]

I suggest you purchase WiFi Explorer Pro [snip]

Under the hood the Fire is an Android device so you may have better luck choosing Android when visiting free e-book sites.

You may want to try CoolReader [snip]

I haven't tried FBReader [snip]
Select the "for Android 1.6.2.* devices" hyperlink:
[snip]

You can download Apps for the Kindle Fire outside of the Amazon Store.[snip]

Wow, thank you so much! You have kept me busy for a while, but I can now report that all of the above recommendations are what I was hunting for from themoment I got my Fire. Still waiting on my cable but I have stuff to keep me busy until it arrives.

Sideloading apps I've got working smoothly, and I've been able to connect wirelessly using the Wifi Explorer Pro, have got coolreader and FBreader installed. Right now, I'm struggling with figuring out how to view books that are currently in the Documents folder through FBreader. I can see the books in Books easily with both, but the FBreader doesnt seem able to see or access the Documents folder. That's allright, though, because coolreader can.

Thank you for your help!
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote