View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 04:52 AM   #19
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
If it is no difference, why it is SDHC? It should be 32GBSD , same as 512MBSD 1GBSD 2GBSD and 4GBSD

Please check and read this LINKS
There is a difference between SD and SDHC in the way the size of the file system is worked with internally. The SD standard uses a signed long int (in C parlance) and counts in bytes, so that the maximum size is 2GB. Many implementations accept it as an unsigned int, making the maximum 4GB (those are the 'non-standard' 4GB SD cards).

SDHC counts (effectively) in 16-byte blocks, thus the 32GB maximum.

My point is that if you support SDHC at all, there is no technical reason to support 4GB and not 8 or 16 or 32. They work the same, just like, say, 512MB or 1GB non-HC SD cards do. And indeed, they work fine technically; I'm using a 16GB one in my BeBook.

But like Dale says, it could well be 'They *work*, but you won't really like the results'. I haven't found it so, but YMMV.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote