View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 01:33 PM   #97
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
PDurrant, HarryT,

I think it would be useful to update post #2 to change the 1st para to:

For the purposes of MobileRead, only works where the author has been dead for 70 or more years are in the public domain. For example, in 2019, that's works where the author (and translator or illustrator if applicable) died before 1949. The reason for this is that the Mobileread servers are located in Europe, and Mobileread's owner wishes to follow Europe's copyright rules.

I think this change would be helpful for others, like me, that were confused by the following paragraphs that talked about, for example, U.S. rules, and then I couldn't find anything relevant in the thread until post #89.

Edited to add: I see this is discussed in various ways in many other postings on this forum, but I still think it would be useful to update this thread.

Last edited by kcarscadden; 01-30-2020 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Read more of this forum
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote