View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 07:08 AM   #40
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
I use the app forScore with a 9.7" iPad Pro (doesn't have to be a Pro model, any iPad can handle it. Digital scores can be downloaded to the app, or scanned in using the iPad camera, or a separate scanner. I use a flatbed scanner which I already had and am gradually scanning in sheet music and fakebooks etc. from my existing collection. Page turns are accomplished by a simple tap at the side of the screen, which is no more demanding than momentarily removing a hand from the keyboard to access one of the many button controls. Nevertheless, the app will also work with bluetooth page turner pedals.
Looking at the price of digital music dedicated devices, it would probably be cheaper to buy an iPad with all its other possibilities and pay for the app!
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote