View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
fdwojo
fdwojo began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note20 Ultra, Kindle Fire HD10
Unwanted cursor movement when editing

Okay, so I did a search of this forum for anything about this topic and didn't find anything. I also looked to see the list of bug fixes about Sigil v9.10, and didn't see anything referencing this, so...

During this latest build of Sigil (9.10), I've noticed something odd. Specifically, if I want to correct a spelling error (and I have the ABC Spelling window open).

The process goes something like this:

I click on the misspelled word in the Spelling list of misspelled words.
Over in the editing window of Sigil, I can either high-light the unneeded letters, or I can click in the word in order to then add text or delete text.

The problem is that after I type the very first letter (or the backspace or delete key), the cursor jumps to the (usually) beginning of that word. Which means that if I needed to top more than one letter, the second and subsequent letters appear at the beginning of the word I was going to edit/fix.

Also, this problem does NOT happen when I don't have the Spell-check window open.

My system: Win 10 Pro 64-bit. Fully up-to-date for the Windows OS. I also use some tools to make sure than all of my other software is up-to-date as well. Sigil v9.10 64-bit

Now, in case this problem of mine is new and no one else is experiencing it, I have removed all plugins (but FlightCrew) and then re-installed them. Didn't make a difference, cursor still jumps after first character typed when spellcheck side window is open

Is there any kind of known issue with Sigil v9.10 that might account for this? I have found that I can *sometimes* avoid the problem if I use my cursor keys to move the cursor around and then use the cursor keys to move to the place I want to edit. About 1 time in 5, the cursor jump does NOT happen, the other 4 out of 5 times, it does.

Thanks in advance for any comments and/or help that any of you might be able to spare for me.

Frank

P.S. If it matters, I've included a screenshot of my Plugins page in Settings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil_Plugins.png
Views:	119
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	168715  

Last edited by fdwojo; 12-31-2018 at 03:15 PM.
fdwojo is offline   Reply With Quote