View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 08:26 PM   #1542
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
I have a collection on my Aura H2O2 and I cannot get it to list in series order.

There are 9 books in the collection, and the order they are listed in is

I have tried updating the series order for the whole series 3 times, and for book 1 twice. Each time I am careful to make the book(s) is/are highlighted, and select "update metadata in device library. Then I eject the device check the collection, and run it again. The first time I did this, the plugin showed a non-zero result for "books changed" Every subsequent attempt, no books have been changed and the series order persists in being almost perfect, except for having the first (published) book listed last. What am I doing wrong this time?
The series sorting on the device is not done just on the number. It is the combination of the series name and the number. What is probably happening is that the series name isn't quite what you think it is for that books. The series sorting in calibre uses a series sort value that is hidden and calculated when the series is set for a book. And the plugin is using the series name to populate the database on the device. There are a few things that could be causing the difference in sorting. The language of the book is one of them.

What I suggest is to remove the series info from the book, connect the device and update the series on the device. Then disconnect and check what is displayed. Then set the series info on the book and do the update again. That will probably fix it.

If it doesn't, I need to see a debug log. Run calibre in debug mode, do the series updating and then post the log. The log should show me what has happened.

Also, if updating the series info is the only thing you are doing, you can let the driver do this. By default, the driver checks the series info every time the Kobo devices are connected and makes any changes needed. You can turn this off if you don't want it, but using it means you don't need to do it manually. I don't think there is a difference in how the driver and the plugin set the series index.

And the next version of calibre will have an update to the driver to automatically update the rest of the metadata that the Kobo devices use and display. That will be off by default, but if you turn it on, you won't need to use this plugin anywhere near as much. It does have a performance hit, but mainly when there are a lot of changes needed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote