View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #24
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
The Use font smoothing when available option was already checked and I looked at that right after installation. It makes no difference whether I have it checked or unchecked, both ways look identical. My MBP 15” Has a Retina LCD though. The text on my High Sierra Mac Mini is way better, especially when bold, but I have a non-retina Dell display attached to it. The bold on Mojave is too thin.
This morning I looked at the setting Use font smoothing when available option on my Mac Mini which has a Dell U2515H display with 2560 x 1440 resolution attached to it. It was already checked. However, unchecking it made no discernible difference. It is as though this option is not even functioning. Fortunately, my Mac Mini is running High Sierra so the font looks good, unlike on Mojave. It doesn't seem like it would be that much work for Apple to add a system font weight adjustment. They claim to be heavily into providing accessibility, yet they show over and over again that they are not. Microsoft has had them beat in accessibility for decades. I'm not going to try the Terminal command, it would likely get overwritten with each Mojave update anyway, and I bet we get a lot of updates like we did with High Sierra.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote