View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 08:12 PM   #5
armanleftarm
armanleftarm began at the beginning.

Device: KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Just a few quick notes:

Old devices because the idea is old and the thread developed in time, remote desktop technologies because they work on many more devices and are the foremost traditional way.

(The space is not there... I am not a medical doctor.)
Outdoors. You do not bring an LCD-like technology out to fight with environmental light, right? (Well, yes, if pushed, but really.) Plus, if you contemplate a lot - text -, EPD is made for that (bistable).

And where have you found reliable information that the Dasung has higher framerate? Can we see the numbers?
A priori, for Dasung to have an increased framerate, they should have devised a special waveform. That is something one would advertise in detail.

Mouse cursor framerate may not necessarily be a strong hindrance, you can get used to it. Plus, there are ways to use the touchscreen.

The resolution of the Onyx Monitor app is smaller (say 90%) than that of the display: Android software will be crisper, and the graphics coming from the HDMI softened, damp.
Battery consumption values appear as strongly inefficient (say 5 hrs of moderate use) - but you will probably keep the USB cable, hence charging, connected, also because e.g. of touchscreen functions.
EPD screens have a lifetime in dot-switches, but rough calculations show them as acceptable.

Although not a wiki, which may come as people will find the time, I still do recommend that you skim through the 40 pages of the thread. Maybe start when the Max2 related pieces of information start to appear.
Thank you for your reply. I was under the impression you use it as your sole monitor from one of your YouTube replies, but only when you are outdoors, then? I see it now, you are using a laptop, and the screen is being mirrored(?) to your Onyx Boox.

I think I have a slight advantage in using it as my SOLE monitor (in/outdoors) because my linux user profile would be set up specifically for (and only for) the boox max 2. Therefore I may not come to realize the resolution problems others are explaining.

My needs are minimal: i3 wm, vim, LaTeX, browser.. I think I'll be fine with modifying xprofile, vimrc, terminal config, etc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dbr3iN6WkAAihc9.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	165944  

Last edited by armanleftarm; 08-30-2018 at 08:51 PM.
armanleftarm is offline   Reply With Quote