View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #13
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hey, Turt:

Bookbaby is just an aggregator that outsources its conversions. They'd have no idea what to tell this guy.

The problem the OP has is that BookBaby, like all aggregators, has a "one ring to rule them all" mindset--they want one ePUB that they FTP to the various retailers, to make the books. Now, that sounds really cool--except you can't make a fixed-format Kindle book with an ePUB, not this way. In fact, not any way.

{clip}

Hitch
...you illustrated my point perfectly! You were able to take the time and explain things - even though you are very busy. Why couldn't BB take a few minutes to explain this to their paying customer? I understand that the person answering the phone might not have your level of technical knowledge to explain details...but they could at least point the customer in the right direction or say..."let me connect you to someone who can answer your question".

I value good customer service very highly when I am dealing with a company. I even appreciate it when they tell me I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about!!

I readily admit I don't know enough about the business side of ebooks. If BB charges money to take a book and convert (using a subcontractor) and distribute it to these different book retailers, wouldn't it be BB's responsibility (or their subcontractors) to make sure the conversion was done correctly?? Why on earth would the OP create all these different books himself and then pay for BB to send them to the retailer? Just send them to the retailer directly. I understand that Apple requires people to use a middleman when submitting books (??) but I was under the impression that the others have direct submission procedures.

Maybe I'm asking too many questions and I just need to go back to Sigil and get to work...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote