Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #9333
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
And on the American team you also have Michael Jordan.
My father was a scratch golfer. Lived and breathed for the game. Played at least 36 holes every week, only took vacations where there were highly rated courses, watched every televised match all day long if it was raining too hard to go and play himself, and practiced his putting in the living room every night. I think his greatest disapointment in life was that his son had LESS than no interest in the game. I was given lessons by the country club pros, had my own clubs, shoes, etc... I diligently listened to the pro. I tried. I practiced (Just to be fair to my folks... They would, and did, get me lessons in anything I ever wanted to learn except bagpipes) I hated every minute of it, and though I tried to hide it from them, they knew. By the age of 13 they finally stopped asking me 'did you go out today? and never signed me up for another golf lesson. From that day on, the only times I would venture out onto a golf course would be at night time during country club dances, and only as far as the second green...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote