View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I think this is yet more evidence that after quickly reaching the peak of inflated expectations (as mentioned in the quote, around the year 2000), eBooks have reached the bottom of the "trough of disillusionment" in Gartner's Hype Cycle and are starting to climb into the "slope of enlightenment. Companies that develop and embrace emerging technologies must prepare for the roller coaster ride of the hype cycle. The ones that don't prepare to weather the lows with a comprehensive business model will find themselves out of business or scrambling to embrace other proven technologies in order to survive.

Now that ebooks appear to be emerging from this low point, advocating ebooks and educating the masses will only help to accelerate their widespread adoption and acceptance.

Brian
I like reading old threads on forums just to see who predicted what I have to say he called it Amazon got on the ebook train at the perfect time where as the rest were late to the party or to early and had given up.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote