View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #40
tpw
Zealot
tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS650
+1 Beorn, I especially like the idea of 'nap' mode, in fact I thought that was what the powersaving was going to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
I did the upgrade as well, and I also agree that the new sleep mode, is very awkward...

I think that the sleep mode itself is relatively ok, though actually I don't really understand why can't it go to such a sleep mode without showing the "sleep" screen.
For example, after 5 minutes (or even less), the Kobo could go into such a "semi-sleep" mode (one could call it "nap mode), but without locking the keys, so that it will still take less energy, but won't affect the user experience (besides maybe a 1-2 longer delay when switching to the next page while in this mode). In fact, this will be even more efficient then the regular sleep mode, since it saves the 2 screen refreshes (to and from "sleep page")

In addition, I think that it should be like that, that making a short press on the power button puts the Kobo to sleep (like it does now, with key locking), but without auto-shutdown, and only a long press makes a complete shutdown, which one should use when not using the Kobo for a few days...

Otherwise, I think that the update process was very easy to do and self-explaining, and I only hope that the next updates will come soon!
tpw is offline   Reply With Quote