View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #87
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jglerner: Err, unless your favorite app to unpack zip files behave very very strangely, your host OS shouldn't have any impact whatsoever.

And, yeah, by default there's no custom prettyversion.txt shipped, so, that means no custom version tag on the Settings page, but if you want a pretty/funny one, you'll find your current one in the linkfonts/backups folder. If you copy an edited version of it to linkfonts/bin, it'll be picked instead of the system's one on your next reboot.

I wouldn't try to add a very long string to it, though, since the 2.5 update and the page counter, we've got a lot less space here, and I don't know if the software gracefully handles a string too long to fit on this one line.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote