View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #8
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessangel View Post
Well, you see... pricing of devices is in my opinion not an issue as they are priced according to the region (I'll be paying around 90 euros more for my iPad than in the USA and the same goes for most readers).
So, that's a feature, then? Not that we aren't used to being ripped off in Europe in that regard.

Quote:
Availability is also becomes less relevant. That is unless you're looking for really obscure works. I think the coverage is fairly ok.
I don't. Maybe it is in English, but the German market, to pick a random example, has a looong way to go. The controlled sale prices for books don't help, either: it means that ebooks are usually priced almost the same as hardcovers, and quite often only available long after them. And there is virtually no real competition (all the books cost the same everywhere, after all) so publishers are in no hurry to change that cosy model.

Quote:
If Epub is better I do not know.
For books, and particular novels, usually yes. It reduces it to the text which allows for much easier reflow and choosing one's preferred display settings.

Last edited by rogue_librarian; 06-01-2010 at 05:31 AM.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote