View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #14
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Well, the first thing I was curious about was whether the new "newspapers" function would be available for any reader other than the 900.

So I figure the answer is "No!" Even if you are one of US.
Thats what calibre was invented for
Quote:
I will probably get the 900 anyway. Still it kind of sucks. Even without the wireless option it would have been cool to get the daily paper on non 900 devices.
It'll be interesting to see if international users (or indeed US users travelling internationally) can make anything of of the wireless functionality of the 900..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
From the FAQ:

Question
Is the Reader Store available outside the United States?

Answer
The Reader Store is currently available in the United States and Canada only.

If you reside in the United Kingdom, please visit Sony-UK for more info on availability in your area.

So, no, doesn't seem like it is.
Standard Sony policy - but at least EPUB has liberated us poor internationals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I had a chance to re-download 2 of my previous purchases and I was able to liberate both books with ineptepub!
Thats good news for all you Sony e-book customers! Naughty de-DRMer
Quote:
It was .. and now it is not. They may be getting hammered.
Quite possibly..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote