Thread: iLiad FBReader
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #30
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat
A couple of questions; Will FBReader just take all sorts of html files without having to go through the manipulation of an xml file like you have to do with the iRex viewer? Will it display multiple pages, or does it have to be all one page? Will links and/or drop down select boxes work?
The just released version 0.8.0 of FBReader also runs under Windows XP, so you can try it out if you have a XP (or Linux) Desktop. I assume the iLiad port is of version 7, and I would not reccomend upgrading to version 8 yet (because it is brand new).

FBReader does handle multi-file HTML documents, but all the files have to be local (typically in one directory, or one zip file). I almost always convert HTML to Plucker, which means I get one file and essentially a simplified HTML layout (still with links). The notes on version 8 says it will now invoke an external browser for non-local links. Note that it does not handle tables in any file format.

For screenshots of FBReader on a PepperPad, see the MobiPocket Java Reader on Pepper Pad 3 thread. These include shots from a set of HTML's in a zip file. As the title suggests, I was originally posting about the Mobipocket reader - but I ended up saying more about FBReader. I certainly did not think then that FBReader would be available on the iLiad before Mobipocket.

Last edited by wallcraft; 03-17-2007 at 11:31 AM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote