View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Kovid, I suspect you meant the shift/alt key combo, shift alone is fine - for me at least.

BR
Shift alone is pretty useless since it is used for typing. The problem is that in Qt, keyboard shortcuts are case independent, so ctrl+u and ctrl+U are the same thing. Not only that, the list of such items is keyboard layout dependent. For example, on typical US keyboards you press shift for +, on Norwegian keyboards you press Shift for =

This means one has to detect the presence of shift by examining the text produced by the keypress and for certain combination of modifier keys such as, for example, shift+ctrl+u Qt produces ascii control codes for the keypress text, which confuses the logic I use to detect shift sensitive characters. I have actually implemented a fix for that, though there's no way to make it fully robust, so it will work with some keyboard layouts, with some keys, on some platforms, some of the time...best to just avoid using shift.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote