View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
On Kindle and in ADE or K4PC they don't use UUID's to name an ebook file. I thought only Apple was that stupid -- apparently I was wrong!
Can you state exactly why you find giving an ebook a unique identifier to be stupid? That way my copy of the Kobo downloaded ebook has a different identifier from anyone else's copy of the same ebook making it easy to distinguish them. The display on the ereader shows the title, series, author, file size, etc. You can search on the title, series, author. So from that point of view there is no difference between epub and kepub.epub.

Hmmm... 128 bits (16 hex octets) is 3.4x10^38 -- oddly, the same as IPV6's address space.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote