View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #495
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
After having had some small success modifying an existing plugin I became bold and thought I could maybe build one myself, but find that I have had far too little exposure to the language to pull it off, so am going to suggest it as idea.

What I very much would like to be able to do is to have a plugin that allows me to define a custom identifier (such as exists for goodreads, ff, etc) that can be clicked on in the book details panel to take me to that location.

Preferably it should work with a configuration file that allows setting up id's like

id=[base_url][output of {identifiers:select(id)}]

so I can have multiple references.

I'd like to have such a plugin so I do not have to clutter up my identifiers field with loads of url's that aren't going to show up in bookdetails anyways, since identifiers only get nicely converted into a clickable entity if a plugin registered that identifier. This mechanism would serve my purpose perfectly as that's what they're mostly used for anyways.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote