View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #16
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
It just refused to engage my interest --- I'd put it down, then pick it up a week later, put it down again...

I was really surprised, because I had read and enjoyed "Carrie", "Salem's Lot", "The Shining", and "Night Shift" before I tackled "The Stand." I guess I'm just not a walking man kind of guy.
I liked the original version, but the uncut version which he published when he had more clout has a lot of stuff that adds to the length but are unnecessary to the story or the characters.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote