Thread: Silliness DVD, VHS & Betamax heaven
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I still use 3.5" floppies -- plenty of room for text files and spreadsheets. And they're a pain in the butt for someone looking for unauthorized access.

I still use audio cassettes -- the quickest way to record audio "on the fly." I use them for audio note-taking, not "hi-fi" applications.

I have a couple of minidisc recorders -- I'd still be using them if Sony hadn't designed them to be intentionally frustrating.

We used our video recorder (VHS, not Betamax) just last week -- my daughter was nostalgic for some old videos.
I have a portable Minidisc player and a recording deck. I didn't find it too frustrating to use. I think Sony hurt Minidisc due to how expensive it was (when I first compared DCC and Minidisc, the lowest cost DCC deck cost $400 while the lowest cost Minidisc deck cost $1,000). I waited a long time before a Minidisc deck became affordable to me.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote