View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1456 View Post
Hi

I just tried Sigil for the first time to create an epub. I'm using v0.5.3. I have previously generated several epubs by hand, and know exactly how I want my epubs formatted.

I have turned off Tidy and the check for well-formed errors. But every time I do a global search and replace, Sigil insists that I must have an ID for all my headings; I do not want them, but when I remove them Sigil generates new ones for me.

I also do not like to have blank lines between paragraphs, but Sigil automatically inserts them, much to my despair.

I would like to use Sigil to generate .opf and .toc files for me, and validate the epub, plus switching between book-view and code-view, i.e. doing what sigil is best at, but I do not want anything to temper with my html-code. Is it possible to turn off all the automatic formatting, so that I can be the judge of how the code shall be written?
Yes! By not starting Sigil.

Obviously you want a simple Text editor so you can do everything yourself.
Sigil's inserted 'id' hurt only your sense of what is correct.

Some people make books with multipl chapters per segment. a ID is mandatory in that case. Sigil just applies the KISS principle and always assigns an ID to all headers. Any can now be used as an anchor.

Your gripe would be justified if Sigil 'broke' perfectly valid constructs like Tidy was known to mangle.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote